Serving Montana Since 1985
Montana Personal Injury Verdicts
Over the past 30 years, the Montana personal injury attorneys at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC have secured notable jury verdicts on behalf of the injured across the state. We have successfully represented clients in cases involving auto accidents, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, railroad accidents, construction accidents, and more. While many personal injury settlements are confidential, the verdicts are public knowledge and can be shared. This can give you an idea of the types of results we have been able to secure through the years in our fight to protect the injured and provide for their continued care.
In addition to reviewing these verdicts, we welcome you to call (406) 233-1302 to arrange a free consultation. We can review your particular case to see how our attorneys can best assist you.
- 2014 Ginn v. Smurfit Stone (Brain Injury) ~ $3,970,899.56
- 2008 Procopio v. Allstate (Bad Faith Claim) ~ $462,000.00
- 2008 Messick/Bowman v. Patrol Helicopters (Wrongful Death)~ $2,505,000.00
- 2007 Procopio v. Allstate (Auto Accident) ~ $300,000.00
- 2007 Tucker v. Farmers Insurance (Wrongful Death)~ $516,000.00
- 2007 Olson v. Shumaker Trucking (Construction Accident)~ $940,296.00
- 2006 Rackley v. Anderson (Wrongful Death)~ $700,000.00
- 2005 Oset v. Zentner (Auto Accident) ~ $204,192.80
- 2005 Seltzer v. Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher (Malicious Prosecution) ~ $21,350,000.00
- 2004 Gilchrist v. Cooper Construction, Inc. (Construction Accident) ~ $1,400,000.00
- 2003 Woods v. BNSF (FELA Claim) ~ $969,796.78
- 2002 Dorn v. BNSF (Railroad Crossing Claim)~ $7,008,000.00
- 2002 Crippen v. Gliko (Auto Accident) ~ $200,141.03
- 2001 Turner and Oskowski v. BNSF (Property Damage) ~ $838,500.00
- 2001 Mangini v. USA & Timberline (Bicycle Accident) ~ $656,657.58
- 2000 Will Lewis v. Amtrak (FELA Claim) ~ $841,500.00
- 1998 Bumgarner v. Farmers Union Mutual Ins. (Auto Accident) ~ $3,202,000.00
- 1997 Fred Brown v. BN (FELA Claim/Emotional Distress) ~ $200,000.00
- 1997 Gliko v. Montana Power Co. (Auto Accident) ~ $227,000.00
- 1996 Frederick Doty v. Campion and USA (Logging Accident) ~ $2,400,000.00
- 1996 Eugene Bevacqua v. Union Pacific (FELA Claim)~ $320,000.00
- 1996 Redwolf v. BN (Railroad Crossing Case) ~ $250,000,000.00
- 1994 William Short v. Amtrak (FELA Claim)~ $350,000.00
- 1993 David Dunkelberger v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $450,000.00
- 1993 Estate of Brockie v. Omo Construction Co. (Construction Accident) ~ $175,000.00
- 1993 Tony Rogers v. Howell (Construction Accident) ~ $330,000.00
- 1993 J.R. Taylor v. Wurz and Rimrock Colony (Auto Accident) ~ $1,033,470.29
- 1992 Kleffner v. Pleasant Valley Colony (Nuisance Claim) ~ $500,000.00
- 1992 Hughes, et al. v. USA (Fire Damage) ~ $5,000,000.00
- 1992 Janssen v. BN (Pedestrian Injury) ~ $1,097,197.96
- 1991 O’Leyar v. Callendar (Medical Malpractice) ~ $2,000,000.00
- 1990 Counts v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $ 430,000.00
- 1990 Holmgren v. State Farm Ins. Co. (Insurance Bad Faith) ~ $ 150,000.00
- 1989 Bink v. First Bank System (Wrongful Discharge/Employment) ~ $175,000.00
- 1988 Finstad v. Montana Power Co. (Wrongful Discharge/Employment) ~ $ 440,000.00
- 1987 Nilson v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $ 435,000.00
- 1986 Joyce Jenkins v. All Nation Ins. Co. (Insurance Bad Faith) ~ $650,000.00
- 1986 Svalstad v. Glaus (Auto Accident) ~ $325,000.00
- 1986 Brewington v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $ 400,000.00
- 1986 Tacke v. Fireman’s Fund Ins. Co. (Insurance Bad Faith) ~ $3,500,000.00
- 1985 Arla Robinson v. Hegle (Car Accident) ~ $1,400,000.00
- 1983 Kenneth and Janet Herold v. BN (Railroad Crossing Case) ~ $9,790,000.00
- 1983 Lawrence A. Barnes v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $3,200,000.00
- 1982 Robert W. Callihan v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $1,031,029.00
- 1982 Bergen v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $270,000.00
- 1981 Mary Marshall v. BN (Railroad Crossing Case) ~ $825,000.00
- 1978 Kopische v. First Continental Corp. (Products Liability) ~ $422,500.00
- 1977 Frisnegger v. Gibson (Medical Malpractice) ~ $175,000.00
- 1976 Torchia v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $580,000.00
- 1975 McGee v. BN (FELA Claim) ~ $618,000.00
- 1974 Farmer v. Boyles Brothers Drilling Co. (Auto Accident) ~ $1,200,000.00
- 1971 Thelma Welch v. State Farm (Auto Accident) ~ $402,400.00
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results and every case is different and must be judged on its own merits.
Hoyt & Blewett
“This life changing experience was made easier for me and my family because of Drew and his firm.”- Mary Paulick
“Anders Blewett worked hard, was extremely helpful, and always kept in contact with me during the whole process.”- Carolyn
“I am extremely happy with my case.”- Matt
“We appreciate his responsiveness to our needs.”- Larry
“His ethics are never in question, and if he tells you he will agree to something you never need it in writing.”- Former Client
We have obtained many of the top personal injury verdicts in Montana including 18 jury verdicts in excess of $1 million.
Zander Blewett is the only Montana lawyer named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America for 2021. We obtained one of the largest malicious prosecution verdicts in US history: $21.3 million.
Inner Circle of Advocates
Zander Blewett is the only lawyer in Montana to be admitted to this national organization. “A select group of 100 of the nation’s most celebrated trial lawyers” - The Washington Post
We obtained the largest reported personal injury settlement in Montana history at $27 Million.
Zander Blewett made a $10M donation to the UM Law School, which has been renamed the "Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana."
The Montana law firm Hoyt & Blewett PLLC and our personal injury attorneys abide by the highest legal and professional standards in our work for our clients. If you are confronted with an unfortunate and traumatic personal injury or wrongful death, you will want to be able to depend on your attorney to provide the most thorough respect and attention to your case.
From their office in Great Falls, Hoyt & Blewett PLLC serves injured clients throughout Montana including Great Falls, Helena, Missoula, Billings, Kalispell, Bozeman, Butte, Anaconda, and Sidney.