Representing the families of wrongful death victims in Great Falls and throughout Montana
If you have recently lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may need to contact a Montana wrongful death attorney to ensure your rights are protected. The attorneys at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC have represented numerous wrongful death victims over the last three decades and we understand the devastation and grief that come with losing a family member due to another’s wrongdoing. While a wrongful death lawsuit will never bring back your loved one, it can help mitigate the financial uncertainty that often results following fatal accidents. We handle wrongful death claims throughout Montana, including Great Falls, Billings, Helena, Missoula, Butte, and Bozeman.
Wrongful Death Attorneys with proven trial results in fatal accidents
It is never easy convincing a jury to award compensation in cases where the injured party is deceased, however our attorneys have a proven history of obtaining substantial verdicts for families in wrongful death cases involving complicated liability issues.
- In Redwolf vs. BNSF our firm obtained a $250 million wrongful death verdict following a railroad crossing accident which occurred on the Crow Reservation.
- In Dorn v. BNSF, we obtained a $7 million verdict from a jury in Billings, Montana in a wrongful death claim brought following a railroad crossing accident which caused life-ending injuries to our client’s husband after a train collided with his grain truck.
- In Messick/Bowman v. Patrol Helicopters our firm represented the families of two mothers who suffered fatal brain stem injuries in a vehicle accident when the car in which they were passengers collided with a large truck which failed to signal before turning. After filing a lawsuit alleging wrongful death in Butte, Montana, our firm obtained a $2.5 million jury verdict which compensated the families for the tragic deaths caused by this trucking accident.
- In Woods v. BNSF a railroad worker suffered fatal injuries when the track maintenance vehicle in which he was a passenger collided with a train. Our firm filed a wrongful death lawsuit in Helena, Montana under the FELA, and the jury determined that the train accident was caused by BNSF’s negligence and awarded the family of the fatally injured railroad worker $969,796.78.
- In Rackley v. Anderson a jury determined that a young baby died from asphyxiation which was caused by the negligence of her mother’s boyfriend. Our attorneys pursued a wrongful death claim in Billings, Montana, on behalf of the baby’s father under the home owner’s insurance policy of the tortfeasor and the jury awarded $700,000.
- In Tucker v. Farmers Insurance a young girl was fatally injured in an auto accident which occurred on a two-lane highway when an oncoming vehicle negligently veered across the center line and collided head-on with the vehicle in which she was riding as a passenger. Our firm filed a wrongful death case in Missoula, Montana seeking to recover damages under an underinsured motorist insurance policy and the jury awarded the mother $516,000 for grief caused by the loss of her daughter.
Click here to review our full list of trial results.
Types of wrongful death cases we handle
The wrongful death attorneys at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC handle wrongful death cases on behalf of the families of deceased accident victims who have suffered fatal injuries in auto accidents and in other accidents including:
Our attorneys are willing to evaluate all types of wrongful death cases including those caused by:
Act now to protect your rights.
It is important to contact an attorney soon after a fatal accident to ensure the preservation of all evidence. The moment a death or serious accident is reported, insurance companies deploy their team of professional investigators to analyze the accident and generate a defense for the person who caused the death of your loved one. In order to protect your rights, it is important that you contact a Montana wrongful death lawyer who can immediately investigate the accident and who has the knowledge, skill and experience to prove the negligence of the person who caused the accident and obtain fair compensation for your family.
No Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win
Hoyt & Blewett PLLC only handles wrongful death cases on a contingency basis, which means that you do not owe any fees unless we obtain compensation for you and your family. Our law firm is available to serve individuals and families in Great Falls and throughout Montana. Contact us today for a free consultation regarding your wrongful death case.