Experienced Great Falls, Montana Truck Accident Attorneys Representing Injured Clients
As Montana truck accident attorneys, it is devastating to see the catastrophic injuries and fatalities that are caused by trucking accidents on the highways and byways of Montana. Trucking accidents and commercial motor vehicle accidents typically involve buses, semis, construction vehicles, big rigs, 18 wheelers, trailers, and taxis. Because of the heavy equipment involved, even slow impact truck accidents may result in severe injuries.
- There were 411,000 police-reported crashes in the United States involving large trucks in 2014.
- In 2014, large trucks were involved in 3,744 fatal crashes.
- The vast majority of fatal crashes (84 percent) and nonfatal crashes (88 percent) involving large trucks occurred on weekdays (Monday through Friday).
If you have sustained an injury because a truck driver negligently caused an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. At Hoyt & Blewett PLLC, we have successfully represented clients injured in trucking accidents in Great Falls and throughout Montana for over 30 years. Hoyt & Blewett PLLC handles truck accident claims that involve negligent truck operators, pedestrians, dangerous road conditions, traffic violations, and defective trucking equipment.
Dedicated trial lawyers who are prepared take your case to trial
If a trucking accident lawsuit is required to be filed in the state and federal courts of Montana, our truck accident attorneys consult with highly regarded medical and forensic experts to build our case and maximize your recovery. At trial, these experts testify as to the severity of the injured person’s damages, including whether the injuries caused by trucking accidents are permanent and require lifelong medical care. During Montana trucking accident trials, our attorneys use experts for a variety of other purposes including reconstructing the accident and determining whether the truck driver violated federal standards or company policies.
Our history of obtaining full compensation for trucking accident victims
Trucking accidents often cause serious injuries and insurance companies will often employ all means to avoid paying legitimate claims. This forces Montana accident victims to proceed to trial in order to obtain fair compensation. The trial lawyers at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC have a record of taking auto and truck accidents claims to court and obtaining jury verdicts for injured people in Montana.
- In the Messick/Bowman Case our firm obtained a $2.5 million verdict against the employer of a truck driver whose negligence caused the deaths and serious injuries of our clients in a trucking accident near Livingston, Montana. The insurance company refused to accept responsibility or pay any compensation, which required our firm to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Butte, Montana Federal Court. At trial, we were able to prove to the Butte jury that the truck driver negligently failed to signal and was responsible for causing the deaths and serious injuries of our clients who were passengers in a vehicle which attempted to pass the truck. The Butte wrongful death verdict was unanimously affirmed by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Many Montana trucking accidents would be preventable if truck drivers and their employers complied with industry safety standards and guidelines. When truck drivers violate the law and breach their duties to Montana drivers, the attorneys at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC utilize their vast experience in Montana law to hold truck drivers and their employers responsible for causing injuries in cases involving:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Truck rollovers
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Unsafe driving conditions, including fog, rain and snow
- Unlicensed drivers
- Negligent hiring of truck drivers
- Failure to train
- Inadequate truck maintenance
- Oversized trucks
- Overloaded trucks
- Semis and 18-wheelers
- Defective equipment
- Traffic violations
Contact the Montana personal injury firm of Hoyt & Blewett PLLC
We handle trucking accident claims on a contingent fee basis, which means you owe no attorney’s fees unless we obtain a judgment or settlement of your injury case. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, call Hoyt & Blewett PLLC at 406-761-1960 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
The truck accident lawyers at Hoyt & Blewett PLLC, with more than 30 years of experience, have a wealth of experience and expertise in pursuing trucking accident claims. Our law firm, based in Great Falls and serving all areas of Montana, including Helena, Butte, Anaconda, the Bakken Oil Field, Billings, Bozeman and Kalispell has produced demonstrable results in a large number of personal injury cases. (See our list of verdicts.)
Our lawyers are ready to take your call. If you, or someone you know is the victim of a trucking accident in Montana, don’t hesitate to contact one of our Montana truck accident attorneys for a free case evaluation.